A blog to discuss my adventures in building model airplanes - and anything else I feel like blogging about.
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Tackling the tail
Time to get started on the fin and rudder. No real surprises here. It was just a little thicker and swoopier than normal. Upon the suggestion of Jay Burkhart, I added some cross grain ply to each side of the top of the fin to make sure it didn't break on a flip over.
The rudder was built on end. Again, no surprises here except when I had to rebuild it after building it backwards as you may be able to tell in the picture....
And finally, you can see here that I've started thinking about mounting the servos in the tail. PLENTY of room back there!