Monday, April 20, 2015


A rainy day yesterday meant no yard work, no bike riding, but I got a chance to work on the plane for a bit.  

I mounted the stab and rudder servos in the tail.  These are relatively easy mounting options because of all of the room I have back there.  I will create access doors in the sheeting to allow for maintenance.  This should make for nice tight linkages, and with the short tail moment I should not suffer too much on the nose weight penalty.

I also figured out how I want to mount the wing, and it will be a simple flat plate bolted to another mounting plate inside the fuselage.  Here is the 7ply 1/8" wing plate epoxied to the center panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment