Next, I had to attach them to the crutch. I suppose I could have oversized the formers and cut them off the crutch later, but I chose to use a small dab of hot glue at The base of each one. I can cut through it later with a hit wire for easy removal. At least that's the plan.
Of course I used my laser again the ensure everything was nicely lined up.
I then created a backbone using a 1/4" x 1/8" piece of spruce. I notched each former along the center line and glued on the spine. I will do the same to the bottom when I remove the partially sheeted fuselage.
And last but not least, I used 1/4" x 1/8" hard balsa to create lateral side spines on the fuselage as well.