Thursday, November 18, 2010

Inching along

Well, I'm battling the first cold/flu of the season, but I still managed to finish up the other wing panel d-box.  At this stage of the game without doing any trimming or sanding, both wing panels came out to be exactly the same weight (5.5 ozs.), and I'm very happy with the increased stiffness.  I was a little worried at first with the balsa spars, but now I'm confident the wings can take the style of flying I'll be doing with this plane.

Now I need to figure out how I'm going to add the sheeting to the gull portions of the wing.  I've got multiple curves to deal with, so I'm probably going to end up strip planking with 1/4" (more or less) wide strips of 1/16" balsa.  Any better ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, how about an update! Ever get that gull wing airplane finished?

    ReplyDelete